Favorite Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/14/2009 9:56:48 PM
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Beat egg, add flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add oil and buttermilk and mix.
- Add nuts, orange rind, blueberries and stir only until mixed.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 400-degree oven for 25-to-30 minutes.
You can increase the amounts of blueberries and nuts if you wish.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith