Blueberry Orange Poundcake Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/14/2009 9:58:23 PM
Makes 12 servings.
Preparation time 20 min. Cooking time 45-50 min.
- l cup blueberries
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting cake
- Wash berries, pick out stems and pat dry on paper towels.
- Heat oven to 350 clegrees.
- Grease and flour an 8-lo-9 inch bundt pan.
- Combine flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Cut butter into 1-inch pieces and place in bowl of electric mixer.
- Add orange rind and soften on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium-high.
- Cream until smooth and light in color, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, scraping bowl.
- Beat until well-blended, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add vanilla and orange juice.
- The batter will look curdled, but it's OK.
- Add flour mixture all al once, scraping sides of bowl again.
- Increase speed to medium-low and beat 30 seconds more.
- Spread a third of the batter in the prepared pan.
- Add half the blueberries.
- Layer on another third of the batter.
- Add the remaining blueberries.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Smooth the surface with the bottom of a spoon.
- Bake 45-to-50 minutes, or until cake is golden brown on top and begins to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cake cool in pan set on rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake into serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith
No users have rated this item yet.