Fresh Fig Pie Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/15/2009 3:25:37 PM
- Enough pastry for a two-crust pie
- 5 cups peeled figs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 teaspoons butter
- Cut the double-crust pastry dough in half.
- Roll out one half and fit pastry into 10-inch pie plate.
- Roll out remaining dough as you would for top crust.
- Cut into strips of equal width, using shorter strips on the edges and longer ones in middle to weave a lattice top over the fig filling.
- Select figs that are ripe and firm.
- Place figs in unbaked pastry shell.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and sprinkle over figs.
- Add lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Place lattice top strips on pie.
- Bake in a 425-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until browned.
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith