Glazed Fresh Peach Pie Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/15/2009 3:32:42 PM
- 8 or 9 large firm ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Baked 8 0r 9 in. pie shell
- Whipped cream
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- Peel and slice peaches into large bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Toss gently.
- Set aside for 45 minutes.
- Drain peaches into a bowl and reserve juice.
- Mix cornstarch and the 1/2 cup sugar.
- Measure peach liquid, adding enough water to make 1 cup.
- Mix with cornstarch mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add butter and almond extract.
- Stir well. Cool a while.
- Mix together with peaches and turn into baked pie shell.
- Cover with cool whip.
Serves six.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith
No users have rated this item yet.