Apple Crisp Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/14/2009 9:12:18 PM
- 4-5 large apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4-6 tablespoons Oleo margarine
- Nutmeg or cinammon as desired
- Peel and slice apples into 2 quart casscrole or similar size dish.
- In a bowl, mix soft bread crumbs (4-to-6 slices of crumbled loaf bread will do), sugar and butter.
- Cut in butter until coarse as corn meal.
- Add spice and lemon juice to apple slices.
- Cover apples with bread crumb mix and bake 45 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Add a light sprinkling of nutmeg.
A dollop of ice cream is a nice way to top off this tasty dessert.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith