Glazed Blackberry Pie Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/14/2009 9:55:31 PM
A mouth-watering pie guaranteed to cool you off on a summer day. This recipe is easy, even though it features a glaze you make from scratch. Mom often tosses in a few blueberries or raspberries if they're still in season.
- 1 quart fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- baked 9-inch pie shell
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Start by cooking one cup of blackberries and 3/4 cup water until berries are soft.
- Strain, reserving juice.
- Discard the strained berries.
- To make the glaze, mix sugar, salt, and cornstarch.
- Add one cup of the strained blackberry juice and cook over medium heat unitl thickened and clear.
- Add butter, cook slightly, add remaining fresh blackberries, stir to coat berries, and pour into baked pie shell and chill.
- Top each serving with a tablespoon of Cool Whip.
Serves six.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith