Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/14/2009 9:57:46 PM
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margerine
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle pan with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cream remaining butter; gradually add remaining sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Combine 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until well blended.
- Dredge blueberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Fold blueberries into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325-degrees for one hour, 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith