Fig Preserve Cake Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/15/2009 3:27:42 PM
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose t10llr
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup J;ig Preserves (see recipe above), chopped
- 1/2 eup choppe`1 pecans or walnuts
- Buttermilk CJlaze (see recipe below)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl; add oil, beating well.
- Add eggs, and beat well; add buttermilk and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in preserves and pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan; bake at 350-degrees for one hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Pour warm Buttermilk Glaze over warm cake.
Makes 1 10-inch cake.
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, and remove from heat.
- Cool slightly, and stir in vanilla.
Makes enough glaze for the 10-inch cake above.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith
No users have rated this item yet.