Fig Sauce Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/15/2009 3:28:21 PM
- 12 to 15 fresh ripe figs, peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine figs, sugar, water, and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or just until figs are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and lemon juice, mixing until smooth.
- Stir into fig mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
Serve warm over ice cream or pound cake. Makes 3 1/2 cups.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith
No users have rated this item yet.