Fig Cobbler Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/15/2009 3:29:18 PM
- 5 to 6 cups peeled fresh figs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Butter or margarine
- Pastry for 8-inch pie
- Combine figs, sugar, and flour; mix well.
- Spoon into an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Roll pastry to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured furface.
- Cut into 9 x 1/2 inch strips.
- Arrange strips in lattice fashion over fig mixture.
- Trim edges as needed.
- Bake at 375-degrees or until golden brown.
Makes six servings.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith
No users have rated this item yet.