Strawberry Glaze Pie Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/15/2009 3:35:38 PM
- 1 quart strawberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A few drops of red food coloring
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- Cool Whip
- Crush 1 cup of red ripe strawberries, add water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add water, if necessary, to make 1 cup liquid.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt and add to liquid.
- Stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- Cool and add red food coloring.
- Place remaining whole strawberries in baked pie shell.
- Pour the glaze over the berries.
- Top the pie with cool whip.
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith
No users have rated this item yet.