Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/15/2009 3:36:19 PM
An elegant offering for a special occasion, this easy to make cake has an airy, fresh strawberry filling made with fruit flavor gelatin.
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 small (16 oz) pound cake, cut into 20 slices
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 package (3 oz) Jell-O strawberry flavor gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 container (8 oz) Birds Eye Cool Whip non-dairy
- whipped topping, thawed
- Crush 1 pint of the strawberries.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and set aside.
- Line bottom and sides of 8/x inch loaf pan with pound cake slices.
- Sprinkle cake with 2 tablesponns of the liqueur.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add the crushed strawberries and remaining liqueur.
- Chill until thickened.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spoon into cake-lined pan and top with remaining cake slices.
- Chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Invert onto serving plate the garnish with remaining whipped topping and thw whole strawberries.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith