Tomato Sauce Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/15/2009 3:37:22 PM
This delightful, slightly tangy sauce is a staple on our dinner table. We use it on all kinds of foods: beans, peas, greens, brocolli, spinach, eggs. As you will see, no Country Place cookbook could be complete without this dish.
- 1 peck (8 quarts) ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 cups chopped celery
- Grind tomatoes and celery through coarse blade of food processor. Add salt. Put in bag and let it
- drip overnight. Add to the tomato mixture:
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 cups vinegar
- 3 large bell peppers, ground
- 6 onions, chopped
- 2 oz. mustard seed
- Mix well.
- Put in jars to seal.
- Freeze, then refrigerate after opening. Do not cook!
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith
2 viewers have rated this item. Average viewer rating 5