Posted by DaveyDoo at 3/8/2010 12:40:29 AM
- Whisk together
- 2 C flour,
- 1/3 - 1/2 C sugar,
- 1 TBSP baking powder,
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- Stir in 1/2 C currants. (or 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 4 tsp orange zest)
- Add 3/4 C cream, then up to another 1/2 cup a little at a time until the batter is moist, but not so moist that you can't work it.
- Pat into an 8 inch round, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges and place 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Heat oven to 425 degres.
- While the oven is warming, place the batter in the freezer for 30 minutes. This allows the wheat gluten to soften.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.