Apple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/14/2009 9:51:31 PM
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 medium apples peeled cored and cut into l/2-inch slices
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9-inch round cake pan and heat in the oven until melted.
- Sprinkle in the brown sugar and stir until well moistened.
- Arrange apple slices in a pattern on top of the sugar mixture.
- Press apples firmly into mixture.
- Heat the pan until sugar starts to bubble. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in apple juice and lemon extract.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour batter over apples.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, invert on serving platter but don't remove the haking pan.
- Let it sit 5 minutes before you remove the pan.
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith
No users have rated this item yet.