Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Posted by Dave at 10/14/2009 9:54:34 PM
- 1 quart fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar (1/2 cup for berries, 1/2 cup for batter)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour (silled or spooned into cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (double acting)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix sugar and cornstarch and stir into blackberries.
- Put in a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cream butter and sugar and a small amount of milk together by hand or with mixer set at medium speed.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder and add alternately with remainder of milk.
- Spoon over blackberry mixture (should be enough to cover completely).
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the sugar over batter and dampen with the water.
- Bake at 375 degrees or until well-browned (about 15 minutes) and reduce heat to 325 degrees to complete baking (about 30 minutes).
- Test with toothpick or spoon to see that batter is done.
This dish freezes wel1. Just heat to serve.from "The Country Place Cookbook: Favorite Recipes for Fresh Fruits and Berries" by Elizabeth Snare Smith
© 1995 Elizabeth Snare Smith