Vegan Fried Rice
Posted by Dave at 12/30/2010 11:54:16 PM
This fried rice dish is vegan and is smack full of flavor!
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil or vegan margarine
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2 cups white rice, cooked according to package directions and refrigerated
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- pinch dried basil
- Heat oil in a wok until a test sizzles. Add onion and garlic; cook until the onion becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables (carrots, bell pepper, celery, green onions); cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix in cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil; cook for several minutes, mixing every so often.